Episode topic: How to Use Conversational Marketing in ABM
In this episode, host Shahin Hoda chats with Ronan Bray, head of APAC Marketing at Drift, about the role of conversational marketing in ABM and how chatbots can be used as an additional channel to acquire new accounts as well as expand into existing ones.
During the conversation, Ronan shares the success Drift clients such as Skedulo, Employment Hero & Baileys Living have experienced with this technology. He also addresses common misconceptions and data privacy concerns that can arise while implementing chatbots.
Rohan concludes the discussion by sharing the importance of playbooks and encouraging marketers to understand the MarTech stack of their respective organisations for better sales alignment.
This episode’s guest:
Ronan Bray, Head of Marketing (APAC) at Drift
Ronan is a hands-on marketer with over 15 years of experience in the B2B tech space, focusing on growth, automation, digital and strategy. He is the Head of Marketing (APAC) for Drift, a conversational platform delivering better buying experiences for over 50,000 customers globally.
Apart from his corporate adventures, Ronan has founded three companies, two of which he sold. He still operates his third company that delivers marketing strategy, websites, lead generation campaigns, and marketing automation solutions for start-ups and SMEs.
Ronan was awarded the Smart 30 Under 30 award and has been featured in the Australian Financial Review, Sydney Morning Herald and SmartCompany.
Connect with him on LinkedIn
Conversation segments on this episode:
- [02:11] How does conversational marketing get embedded in ABM?
- [05:10] Examples of new customer acquisitions with chatbots
- [07:55] Leveraging conversational marketing for existing customers
- [11:45] Navigating customer privacy issues with chatbots
- [15:05] Misconceptions about chatbots
- [18:17] Foundational pieces for experimenting with chatbots - website, CRM, marketing automation, conversational platform.
- [22:25] Power of playbooks!
- [25:39] Advice for B2B marketers - “map out your whole tech-stack and how each component aligns with sales.”
- [28:40] Exciting thing about B2B - the pace of technology evolution.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The State of Account-Based Marketing in APAC Report
- About Drift
- About xGrowth
- Simon Sinek - Influencer followed by Ronan
- Neil Patel - Influencer followed by Ronan
- David Cancel - Influencer followed by Ronan
- xGrowth - State of ABM in APAC Report
About the Growth Colony Podcast
On this podcast, you'll be hearing from B2B founders, CMOs, marketing & sales leaders about their successes, failures, what is working for them today in the B2B marketing world and everything in between.
Get in touch!
We would love to get your questions, ideas and feedback about Growth Colony, email email@example.com